BLOG

Gymboss Interval Timer

The sequel to the popular Gymboss Interval Timer is here! Gymboss is a programmable interval timer perfect for cardio workouts and HIIT training.

The Gymboss Interval Timer is the iPhone version of the Gymboss timer available at  http://www.gymboss.com and introduces a new, intuitive timer creation interface unlike any other interval timer currently in the app store.

If you like the Gymboss Interval Timer on the iPhone, be sure to check out the Gymboss timer!

28 Comments to Gymboss Interval Timer

1. Krista Dawn's Gravatar Krista Dawn
    September 20, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Is there a Gymboss Interval Timer app for a Droid2?

2. Horia Babet's Gravatar Horia Babet
    October 14, 2011 at 1:59 pm

It has a bug and doesn’t work anymore on the iPhone with iOS5.
    Before was working perfectly until iOS version 4.3.5
    Thanks

3. ALEANDRO's Gravatar ALEANDRO
    October 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Dont work on the ipad whit ios 5.
    thanks

4. October 19, 2011 at 3:34 am

Desde que actualice el iphone ya no me funciona la aplicación. Lo arreglareis???
    porque me encanta y la uso cada dia.

5. Nick's Gravatar Nick
    October 19, 2011 at 4:35 am

Same problem as Horia mentions, gymboss app will open but immediately shuts down once the timer page appears.

6. Chris Snyder's Gravatar Chris Snyder
    October 19, 2011 at 6:45 am

I am having the same issue as Horia. App worked great till iOS5 update. Starts to load and then crashes. Love this app. Use it for work. Hope you guys can fix it. Thanks

7. darryl's Gravatar darryl
    October 22, 2011 at 9:30 pm

It keeps crashing and shutting dons as soon as I open it- happened as soon as updated to IOS5 as per other comments

8. Andres's Gravatar Andres
    October 23, 2011 at 8:05 am

It has a bug and doesn’t work anymore on the iPhone with iOS5.
    Before was working perfectly !!! please fix it !!!!!!
    Thanks

9. October 27, 2011 at 12:53 am

I Love this app!

Only problem is that ever since i’ve updated to the latest OS version on my iPod touch it keeps crashing – help please!

I’m willing to pay for the app too

thanks
    Richard

10. Bob's Gravatar Bob
    November 10, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Stopped working with IOS 5.0 and now with 5.0.1 it still doesn’t work
    Fails right after initialization.
    To bad this was a great app.

11. Brad's Gravatar Brad
    November 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Any word on when we can expect an update on this app? It was the best interval timing app before the iOS 5.0 update

12. leine's Gravatar leine
    November 27, 2011 at 2:40 am

Unfortunately the Gymboss app doesn’t work anymore after updating to iOS 5.x . It crashed right after startup.
    Please fix the app as I used it a lot before for Crossfit workouts.
    Thanks!

13. Miranda's Gravatar Miranda
    November 28, 2011 at 11:10 am

Same thing here – it will shut down as soon as it comes up. Please fix! Love this app!

14. Saffron's Gravatar Saffron
    December 6, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Hi there, just wondering when the bug with iOS 5 will be fixed and we can all start using this again. Thanks! :)

15. elena's Gravatar elena
    December 20, 2011 at 7:44 am

I loved this app. Was using it to train for my couch to 5K program. I;m hoping the update to fix the bug with iOS 5 will come out soon. Pretty please ….

16. Darren's Gravatar Darren
    December 26, 2011 at 1:11 am

Same again!! Hurry and get it fixed please

17. ek's Gravatar ek
    February 23, 2012 at 11:32 am

on my iphone (3s) with IOS 5.0.1 it’s working but allas makes no sound!!!

18. Ron's Gravatar Ron
    February 25, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Great app…. needs a countdown/count up feature for the stopwatch. The countdown can be user delayed for 5 or 10 seconds before the stopwatch kicks in. Great for timed workouts. Nice job.

19. Celia's Gravatar Celia
    May 1, 2012 at 8:00 am

Timer works but no sounds… How do I fix this?

20. Soren Hedlund's Gravatar Soren Hedlund
    May 5, 2012 at 3:03 am

I use the app on my Iphone 4S. Gymboss is really great. I use it in my Weightlifting program. I figured out how many secs I do the work and then I added the pause and even a warning with 20 secs left to work.
    I just love this app.
    The only thing I miss is to add personal sounds. :D

21. May 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

@Celia – start the app, and turn up the volume. The app uses ringer volume to play sounds, so make sure your ringer is on (switch on the side of the device) and ringer volume is up.

22. Tim's Gravatar Tim
    September 4, 2012 at 2:18 pm

The app would be absolutely awesome…..IF……and it is a BIG “IF” …..IF the audio actually worked in ios 5.x.x. Otherwise a timer without an audible indicator is of no use in the gym or during workouts! It is actually counterproductive to have to constantly look at a timer. Come on guys! Help us out here!

23. Tim's Gravatar Tim
    September 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm

scratch my post please….sound works just fine! sorry!

24. Moz's Gravatar Moz
    December 18, 2012 at 7:00 pm

hi guys… i love this app, its an awesome product…

just a bit of feedback and ideas that i might share in hopes to improve the app…

– sound doesn’t work when phone is sleep mode, or when phone is in silent mode, so maybe have an overide system as an option.

– it would be great if there was an option for a count down sound indicator for each interval.

– be good if u can change the pictures on the interval icon as well, not just the program icon.

– maybe have a voice over to indicate the amount of rounds that are left on the program

i hope this helps, other than that its an awesome program…

25. Shlomi Ashuri's Gravatar Shlomi Ashuri
    January 4, 2013 at 5:37 am

Hi guys
    This is an awsome app, the best i’ve seen. Can you please add a kettlebell icon to the ones already in the app?
    Thanks in advance,
    Shlomi

26. Happy user's Gravatar Happy user
    May 24, 2013 at 9:28 am

Moz (12/18/12) has some good points, esp about warning indicator for end of an exercise or round. Also wonder if it’s possible to add other intervals, not just repeating (ex. Circuit A for 3 rounds, Cardio for 1 round, Circuit B for 3 rounds). Is there a pay version for Android where this is possible?
    Is awsome app & easy to use. These things would make it so much better.

27. August 18, 2013 at 2:51 am

Awesome app! Only thing that could improve it would be to be able to record your own sound bites to play at start on each interval (along with current sounds) as I’m going to use the app to put together my own interval programme and instead of having to look at the phone to see whether its lunges or squats for example can record a sound bite so I can focus on training rather than keep looking at the phone (as wont always have rest periods between each exercise) xx

28. Gini's Gravatar Gini
    February 1, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Need your help please!

I just downloaded this app and I am already really happy with it – except the fact that the sound doesn’t work, even though when I turn up the volume.
    I use it with a Samsung.

Can somebody please help?!
    Thanks already!! :)